You'll love this Pad Thai recipe where you lose the noodles and use sweet potatoes instead! Filling & Healthy!
For the dressing
3 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
2 Tbsp tamari
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp freshly grated ginger
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
4 tsp vegetable stock
For the Pad Thai
1 Tbsp coconut (or sesame) oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 medium-size sweet potatoes, peeled and spiralized
1/4 cup vegetable stock
3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
2 stalks of green onions, chopped
2 Tbsp peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet in medium heat. Add in the onion and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, five minutes.
- Add in the sweet potato noodles and vegetable stock and cook, stirring frequently, for seven minutes.
- Pour the dressing over the noodles and stir well, making sure that the noodles are coated with the dressing. Cook three minutes until it’s warm.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the chopped cilantro.
- To serve, divide the pad Thai in four bowls and garnish each one with sesame seeds, green onions, and peanuts.