Fall is officially upon us and we are in the mood for some pumpkin spiced treats! The only problem... most pumpkin spice flavored foods contain tons of sugars or are extremely carb-loaded. Here are a few recipes to curb your craving throughout the season without moving your belt up a notch.
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream
- 1 15oz. can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups coconut milk (*see notes)
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates(about 12)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
Pour into a shallow pan or dish.
- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes to soften before scooping. Alternatively, break apart the pan of ice cream into chunks and re-blend for an even creamier texture.
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino
Add the ice cubes, instant coffee, pureed pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, liquid honey and milk to a high speed blender and blend on high until the mixture is smooth.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup pumpkin
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 3–4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine all dry ingredients in another bowl.
- Mix both bowls together until well incorporated.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 45–60 minutes.
Get into the pumpkin spice spirit with these delicious, yet healthy recipes. Alongside EnduraQ, keep off the pounds during the upcoming holiday season!