- 1 large ripe avocado (or 2 small)
- 30g raw, unsweetened cocoa, cacao, or carob powder
- ¼ cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey or coconut nectar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- dark chocolate, grated
- 2 tsp cacao nibs
- In a food processor, purée the avocado until smooth.
- In a jug, combine the cocoa powder and milk until a smooth paste forms.
- Add the cocoa and milk mixture to the avocado, along with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend everything together until smooth and well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into individual bowls and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Top with grated bittersweet dark chocolate and sprinkle over cocoa nibs.
The mousse can be eaten immediately, but is best chilled for at least 2 hours to achieve a thicker, creamier consistency.
Adapted from heartandbowl.co.uk