Prep time 20 mins
Cook time 20 mins
Total time 40 mins
Makes 30 gluten-free & vegan cookies
- 4 mashed bananas
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut nectar
- 4 tbsp fresh nut butter (almond butter is healthiest!)
- 4 tbsp raw cacao or carob powder (or unsweetened cocoa)
- 4 cups rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 355ºF.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Combine maple syrup and coconut nectar in a small bowl. You can omit this step entirely if you don’t want to use any sugar/sweetener. Adding stevia is another great option.
- Add syrup mix, almond butter, and cacao to mashed bananas and stir.
- Add the rolled oats and stir until well combined.
- Scoop dough in rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet lined with parchment. Press down on the mounds to slightly flatten.
- Bake about 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and let set for about 5 minutes in the pan. Then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack until they are cool.
Recipe adapted from simpleveganblog.com