Curbing that crave for dessert can be really hard when you are trying to eat right. Why not actually eat dessert though? Here are three easy, healthy recipes that are sure to satisfy your cravings and keep you in line with your diet.
Blackberry Frozen Yogurt
- 33 ounces plain Greek Yogurt 2%
- 12 ounces fresh blackberries
- 1 cup honey
- a drop or two of pure vanilla extract
- Place the blackberries in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Strain the blackberries through a fine mesh sieve set over a large mixing bowl. Using the back of a spoon, press the mixture against the sieve to extract all the juice. Discard the seeds and any pulp.
- Add the yogurt to the blackberry juice and stir to combine. Add about ¾ cup of honey and taste for sweetness. Add vanilla if desired and blend until smooth.
- Process in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer instructions. Serve immediately if you prefer a soft serve consistency or freeze until firm. If frozen remove from the freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup creamy nut butter of your choice
- 3/4 cup baking chocolate
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice each banana into thin slices and arrange half the pieces on the baking sheet.
- Spread peanut butter onto each banana slice, then cover each slice with another slice. Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until frozen.
- Place the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave until melted. Stir in the chocolate, and continue to microwave until smooth. Use a fork or spoon to cover each banana bite in chocolate, then place back on the sheet. Freeze for one hour.
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup oats
- 2 bananas (if they are large, 1 might be enough)
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Mash bananas and mix well with the oats. You could also put the oats and banana in a food processor and let it do the "work" for you.
- Add the chocolate chips in - adjust the amount to your personal liking!
- Take a spoon and portion the cookies on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
With these three dessert options alongside EnduraQ, you can keep powering on in your diet.